I’m not a huge fan of “Happier Than a Billionaire” blog and books, but they can be fun reading since Nadine has a good sense of humor. Her latest post Costa Rica vs Panama really doesn’t give her reasons for Costa Rica because I don’t think they even tried Panama, like I did. But her post is still interesting, especially some of the reader comments! One way she and I differ is her goal is “happiness” and mine is more “meaning” or even “purpose” in life which is what I think gives real deep happiness.
Several of my early blog posts discussed my consideration of Panama based on two trips there which I agree is limited. Those posts:
26 June 2014 – Websites, Blogs, Books and Tours
28 June 2014 – Why I’m Considering a Move to Costa Rica (Your reasons are first in choice)
29 June 2014 – Seeking God’s Leadership is First Priority (Not where everyone is in life I know)
30 June 2014 – Why Doing This? And Why Not Panama?
23 May 2017 – Better Healthcare in Costa Rica
Now if I told you off the top of my head why I chose Costa Rica over Panama after nearly 3 years after making the decision, I think I would say:
- Nature is my first love and Costa Rica easily wins out as more natural overall.
- Culture of Costa Rica is just more to my liking in so many different ways from being happier, friendlier, less Americanized, pacifist with no army, and more tranquil where I visited.
- Cost of Living is actually higher here than in Panama just a little, but overall less than the states and easier to live here without a car than it would be in Panama.
- Super bus system makes it easy for me to live without a car.
- Healthier place by my study and better healthcare system.
- It feels right to me which has to do with many things like nature, previous trips here, my sense of God’s leadership, a comfortableness with it. I love it here and that is important! And I was beginning to hate the United States! (And Panama is too much like the states.)
|Tortuguero Sunrise by Charlie|