I plan to write about the overwhelming emotions when I first arrived in Dakar, Senegal for the beginning of my 3 years in the Gambia – all the people, expectations, and challenges that were clouded by cultural and language differences that I was unsure I could navigate.
Then I will tell about those many meeting in Dakar and the “Grand Central Station” Guest House plus the drives or flights between Banjul and Dakar. It did play a big part in my total Gambia Adventure!
But for now, I have only a very few photos (most were lost/destroyed). I did make a few in the 2009 visit. Eventually I will add stories here.
- Introduction & Maps – YOU ARE HERE
- Senegal Photo Galleries 99-09 *
- About Senegal * (Wikipedia)
- Stories Are Coming Here! Like encountering rebels in the bush of Casamance.
- The Miracle Leaf Story in The Gambia on a Prayer Walk has me ending in Sedhiou, Senegal for a night where I pick up Beth Heyer after her prayer walk there and we drive back to Banjul.
- My 2005 Africa Portfolio of photos was then in book form for a Nashville gallery.
- And coming in late 2020 is my new Africa Portfolio titled: Magical AFRICA. It is a 100 page 7X7inches photo book available in both softcover and hardcover.