“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
Here you North Americans can find exotic adventures close by and at affordable prices with much of the same ancient and colonial culture found in Mexico and a lot more protected nature. I personally find the culture in Guatemala just as good as Mexico’s with more indigenous people and the largest of all the Mayan ruins, Tikal.
While at the other end, Panama City (the top photo) competes with any of the large cities of the U.S. in almost every category + around the canal and Lake Gatun is fabulous birding! But my favorite part is nature and though you can find it in abundance in all the Central American countries, I chose Costa Rica as the best for nature in my retirement. Though I have had great birding trips in both Nicaragua and Panama, I still prefer Costa Rica for the birds and the lifestyle and the people. ¡Pura Vida!
CENTRAL AMERICA Menu
Travel Websites for Central America
- Lonely Planet – Central America
- Enjoy Central America
- TripSavvy – Central America
- Backpacking Central America
- Caravan.com for turnkey tours of Guatemala, Costa Rica & Panama
- Albee Adventures – Luxury Family Vacations in Central America
- Central America Journeys – Crafting Luxury Ecotourism Travel
- Central America Tours
- National Geographic Lodges in Central America
“When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”