The above feature photo was made on one of the Kenya Mission Trips of a Masai boy shepherd with his “rod and staff” (that knife would be his “rod”) protecting, defending and guiding his sheep like Psalm 23:
A psalm of David.
1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
All of these mission trips helped form who I am almost as much as anything else. They brought together my sense of adventure with my strong desire to serve God, his people and maybe somewhat fulfill my college-days sense of “calling” to missions. Multiple circumstances kept me from becoming a full-time missionary other than my 3 years in The Gambia at the end of my career. Thus this is how I was a missionary during much of my adult life.
Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God.
Mission Trip Pages, Stories, Journals (Galleries below)
- 2018 Hogar de Vida, Costa Rica
- 2009 New Brunswick
- 2008 Prince Edward Island
- 2006 Amazon River, Brazil
- 2005 Tanzania
- 2003 Alberta Service Project at CN Seminary
- 1999-2002 The Gambia
- 1999 Kenya (Journal & stories page coming soon)
- 1998 Kenya (Journal & stories page coming soon)
- 1972, 1970, & 1968 – Mexico & South Texas (coming)
- 1960 Summer Missionary in Albany-Schenectady, New York (coming)
- 1959 Summer Missionary in Seattle, Washington
- 1958-59, My “Mission” at Oklahoma Baptist Children’s Home
- About Student Missions in College (coming)
Mission Trip Photo Galleries (29)
- 2018 Hogar de Vida, Costa Rica
- 2003-2014 Local Nashville Mission-Ministry Projects (22+)
- 2011 Oneida Baptist Institute, Kentucky
- 2010 Chinese Student First Friend
- 2010 Inner City Health Clinic
- 2009 November The Gambia
- 2009 October Inner-city Habitat Build
- 2009 July New Brunswick, Canada
- 2009 June The Gambia
- 2008 Prince Edward Island, Canada
- 2006 Amazon, Brazil
- 2005 Musoma, Tanzania
- 2005 Katrina Hurricane Relief Work, Louisiana
- 2004 Reno, Nevada Church Planting
- 2003 Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
- 2002 LifeWay Mission Trip to The Gambia (Host)
- 2001 FBC Nashville Mission Trip to The Gambia (Host)
- 2001 LifeWay Mission Trip to The Gambia (Host)
- 1999-2002 – 3-Year ISC Missionary to The Gambia
- 1999 Busia, Kenya (Limited number of photos)
- 1998 Busia & Port Victoria, Kenya
- 1996 Chattanooga, Tennessee
- 1970 to 1990 marriage prevented much participation
- 1972 RA Training Trip to Trinidad & Tobago
- 1972 RA Mission Trip to Mexico & South Texas
- 1970 RA Mission Trip to Mexico & South Texas
- 1968 Hillcrest Youth Mission Trip to South Texas
- 1968 Visit to Matamoros, Mexico (on above mission trip)
- 1960 Albany-Schenectady, New York Student Missionary
- 1960 Arkadelphia Inner City Youth Program (coming)
- 1959 Seattle, Washington Student Missionary
Travel Pages Where I Did Mission Trips
(with some overlap of the above pages)
- UNITED STATES
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Back to His Spirit main page.
OR Back to the main Biographies page.
OR Back to the ABOUT page.