In short, after 11 years of retirement in Nashville I realized I couldn’t afford to travel for nature photography and live in retirement there, thus deciding to just go live in my favorite place to travel, Costa Rica! I also wanted to get away from right-wing Republican Tennessee who are partly responsible for America being only for rich people.
The website was started in 2000 while in The Gambia, West Africa with reports from that experience still here. See: Gambia Missionary.
The blog is all about being “Retired in Costa Rica” that I started in June 2014 before moving here in December 2014. Costa Rica is the perfect place for me! I can’t imagine living in retirement anywhere else now. Enjoy my stories and photos! And then go live your own dream! You only live once! 🙂
Explore, Dream, Discover
- Schools (Elementary through Graduate School)
- Jobs (Career & other work)
- Family *
- His Spirit (A follower of Jesus) *
- Doing Good (Volunteer)
- Lifetime of Mission Trips *
- Art Lover
- Life Stories (overlaps all of above)
- Travel (stories, articles) *
- Travel Photos:
- My Bicentennial Mall Brick *
- My Brick at Nashville Zoo *
- Name on Plaque at Hardgrave Cemetery, Johnson Co., AR
- Ship Named Charles Doggett (not named after me but fun story with my name)
* Star/asterisk means this page is found under another main menu tab above & linked here because it relates to this subject, just not physically under this tab or sub-page here.
“Stories are a communal currency of humanity.”
–Tahir Shah, in Arabian Nights
This website contains the stories and photos of my humanity.