In short, after 12 years of retirement in Nashville I realized I couldn’t afford to travel for nature photography and live in retirement there, thus deciding to just go live in my favorite place to travel, Costa Rica! The website was started in 2000 while in The Gambia, West Africa with reports from that experience still here. See: Gambia Missionary.
The blog is all about being “Retired in Costa Rica” that I started in June 2014 before moving here in December 2014. Costa Rica is the perfect place for me! I can’t imagine living in retirement anywhere else now. Enjoy my stories and photos! And then go live your own dream! You only live once! 🙂
Explore, Dream, Discover
- Doing Good (Volunteer)
- Lifetime of Mission Trips *
- Art Lover
- Life Stories
- My Bicentennial Mall Brick *
- My Brick at Nashville Zoo *
- Name on Plaque at Hardgrave Cemetery, Johnson Co., AR
- Ship Named Charles Doggett
- Pre-Costa Rica Travels (photo galleries) *
- Pre-Costa Rica Nashville Photos *
- Pre-Costa Rica Tennessee Photos
- Charlie Doggett’s Costa Rica (photo galleries) *
- My Latest Business Card (2018) Used here to invite people to my blog/site *
- And of course all of the main menu items at top of page say a lot about me, especially — Travel — Family — His Spirit *
* Star/asterisk means this page is found under another main menu tab above & linked here because it relates to this subject, just not physically under this tab.
“Stories are a communal currency of humanity.”
–Tahir Shah, in Arabian Nights
This website contains the stories and photos of my humanity.