10 May 2022 – I am taking a free wpcourses.com online class “Intro to Blogging” provided free for all persons who maintain a WordPress Blog. One of the first things they tell me to do is laboriously work on the “Why” of my blog and then rewrite that reason every few months or years and to post it somewhere on my blog/website. So here it is! 🙂
The “Off the top of My Head” Why
I have an insatiable desire to “create” photos and writings about my experiences, nature, and “His Spirit” (my spiritual feelings/experiences). In short I might say that this blog & website (undated static pages) Express who I am and present my creative works (photos & writings). I am retired and not in business or trying to sell my photos, books or anything else (though available with any profits going to plant trees). And a more narrow focus for fewer people is to provide help for those considering a move to Costa Rica in retirement.
History of the Whys of this Blog
- 2014-2015 – Called “Decision-Making Process” on the Blogspot.com platform as I debated with myself publicly on the blog about whether to move to Costa Rica or Panama or anywhere else. This blog begins on June 26, 2014 with first post titled: “Background for Moving Overseas.” That whole blog was the one I moved to WordPress in 2015 and so all those early posts are included here. Those first five months of posts would be good for someone debating whether to move here or not to read along with the next two years worth until I have my residency. 🙂 During those early posts I repeatedly try to explain “why” I was blogging and moving. 🙂 And how I solved some of the problems of a move to another country would be helpful to someone planning to do it.
- December 18, 2012 – Explaining my Blogs (Then 3, all on Blogspot.com, a Google platform.) Those reasons for each blog still stand, but maintaining one is a big job and a single blog won out! 🙂
- Retirement Adventures, 2012-2014
- Nature Notes, 2012-2014
- His Spirit, 2012-2015 (I kept separate for a short while after moving to Costa Rica, but decided one blog is as much as I could handle. 🙂
- The “Decision Process” blog was literally moved to WordPress so you are on it here with nothing left on Blogspot.com, while I decided to leave the others as they were and have linked to them as history.
- 2000-2002 – In one sense it started with my monthly newsletters reporting on my experiences as a missionary in The Gambia, West Africa and with the beginnings of this website on a different platform (before WordPress). That early website was simpler and only about Gambia. It is my whole life now.