Simply put, I have little to no information about the first year of marriage for Mom & Dad. From letters and the scrapbook I do know that by the time I was born Dad switched from working for the hotel to working in his first clothing store which became his life work. It was Mays Cash Store in Warren and later switched to West Brothers which was next door, but maybe after my birth. I have little else, not even letters, which Mom did not save during that year. The first bit of mail, photos or other information found comes at my birth on July 4, 1940, ten months after their marriage and just a little more than a year after Mom graduated from Fort Smith High School. Family has begun!
Volume 1 of My Photo Biographies, Birth to 30
Links Related to First Year Marriage & Birth of Charles
- Charles Baby Book 1940-1942
- Stories: A Watermelon & Firecracker Birth
- A Poem About My Birth: Yankee Doodle Contemplation
- Mom’s Mail 1940-1944 – The first few are about my birth
- Just Photos 1940-1948 – The first few are at my birth
- 1940-1944 Scrapbook – Just the first few pages
- Wikipedia Page about Warren, Arkansas, birthplace & 1st 2 years of my life
- Encyclopedia of Arkansas article on Warren, Arkansas
- The People History: What Happened in 1939?
- The People History: What Happened in 1940?
- The People History: What Happened in 1941?
“Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” –Albert Einstein
In 2013 I wrote the following poem to celebrate my birthday, printed on my photography from a 2005 trip to The Everglades National Park.