“Wanderlust: n. a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world” ~Dictionary
Bear in mind that most of this website is about Costa Rica and the menu item below for Costa Rica may just make it easier find what is on this site. Plus if you want to see Costa Rica travel photos, I have a gallery for those: CR Trips.
That leaves the rest of the world for most of these pages. My passion for travel almost equals my passion for birds & nature photography. 🙂
Header or Feature photo above is the central plaza of Campeche, Mexico on my 2011-2012 “Ancient and Colonial Cities Tour” of Mexico with Caravan.com which the last time I looked they are not now doing that tour because of American fears of Mexico. What a shame! It was a superb history tour of mostly Mayan ruins. Boy waving photo here was also from that trip at Palenque Mayan ruins. See “Mexico” below on the Menu for my photos, stories and a book.
I still have some work to do to complete these pages – but I will in time! 🙂 And by the way, I highly recommend Caravan.com for excellent guided trips at affordable prices! And they still have 3 in Central America, including Costa Rica, plus many in the states and Canada.
- Amsterdam – passed through & can’t find photos
- Brussels – passed through & can’t find photos
- London, England (Photo Gallery)
- NORTH AMERICA
- CENTRAL AMERICA
- SOUTH AMERICA
- TRAVEL VICARIOUSLY THROUGH INTERNATIONALS
- Hosting Fulbright Scholars from 3 countries, “First Friend” to a Chinese student, teaching a class on “Connecting with Muslims,” having an Iraqi housemate, and enumerable relationships with persons in Costa Rica from all over the world! Sweet!
- MY TRAVEL PHOTO BOOKS (link to my bookstore)
- Of course the most recent books are on Costa Rica, but of the more than 70 books there are also some on travel to Panama, Nicaragua, Cuba, and Mexico. And in 2020 I added my new Africa Portfolio titled: The Magic of AFRICA. from my travels in The Gambia, Senegal, Kenya, and Tanzania. Colorful! I love to travel!
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”
― Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It
Also of Travel Interest
- My TripAdvisor reviews of many places I visit now (not all)
- Hiking & Camping – Lifetime Hobby
- Photo Galleries of My Costa Rica Trips
- Photo Galleries of Pre-Costa Rica Trips (world-wide)
- Photo Galleries of Pre-Costa Rica TENNESSEE Trips
- Family Vacations 1947-55 (ages 7-15)
- Family Vacations 1955-60 (ages 15-20)
- Family of Marriage Vacations 1970-89
“Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.”~Babs Hoffman
And if you came from it, Back to the ABOUT page.