For anyone interested in improved details, that is what I have been doing for a couple of weeks and for my stay-home day today:
- In all of the BIRD galleries (1 for each country) I have now arranged the birds by families in the order found in that country’s field guide, which is a big improvement for serious birders! In the case of a couple of countries that I had no good guidebook for, I used the “official” list for that country on Wikipedia which is arranged by families like the field guides.
- Folder with multiple galleries — And in Costa Rica and eventually in other countries with a lot of birds, that gallery becomes a “folder” with a sub-gallery for each bird, giving you multiple photos or different views of that species, male & female, front & back, and often with activity like eating, flying. This is particularly important for my Costa Rica birds now that I have 294 species which is too many photos for one gallery! Yet I see the need for multiple shots of many birds.
- And I realize that most people don’t really care about this, but a few might and it is more helpful to me. 🙂
TRAVEL PAGES & GALLERIES – MEXICO ADDED
- I announced earlier that I was starting my website TRAVEL pages with AFRICA as the first section and thus a new Pre-Costa Rica TRAVELS Photo Gallery inside my big gallery as I start to move all my old photos from Pbase.com to this new gallery on Smugmug.com. All of my photos from multiple trips to 4 African countries are in the gallery and I will soon be adding more stories beyond the one already online about Gambia. The beginning pages (with links to photo galleries):
- For some reason I chose MEXICO to be second and I now have all my photos from 6 different trips to Mexico in the Pre-Costa Rica TRAVELS Photo Gallery. Like my Costa Rica TRIPS gallery they are arranged chronologically with most recent trips on top. That means that Africa & Mexico trips and soon many others will be mixed together as they are arranged by dates. But to focus on one country, go to my TRAVEL Page and in this case the MEXICO sub-page where eventually there will be links to lots of stories along with the links to photos. Or to go to the photos of a specific Mexico trip now, click below:
This is just the beginning of how I will share photos and stories about my exciting life BEFORE COSTA RICA! More is coming – It’s a Wonderful Life! 🙂 And as I finish writing I hear from across my little valley a children’s choir singing beautiful Christmas music in Spanish. What a delight! 🙂