Some of my most practical research information comes from current expats in Costa Rica who write blogs, newsletters or even have websites. One of my newest discoveries is a site and newsletter by Paul & Gloria Yeatman with their website at www.retireforlessincostarica.com
and I just signed up for their newsletter. By doing so I received a “free gift” of a linked document titled
The Top 10 Qualities of Successful Expats in Costa Rica
You might be able to see it at this link if not coded for subscribers only! 🙂
In case not, here are the ten characteristics without the wonderful, detailed discussion of each:
- Do your homework.
- If you are married, both of you must agree.
- Rent for at least one year.
- Enjoy the simple things of life.
- Have a positive attitude!
- Learn to speak Spanish.
- Join the Caja (national health care system).
- Hook into the local Tico culture.
- Hook into the local Expat community.
- Get involved . . . volunteer.
Now if you have been reading my blog or know me, you know that these are all things I aspire too already, but it was encouraging to see them listed in this way. Hope you can get to the whole document with the above link! And isn’t my research a lot of fun!